You’ll be working in our Business Information team responsible for converting the business requirements into fit for purpose and robust BI solution.
You will be involved in manipulating and transforming large data sets into meaningful information and provide means of discovering useful trends and variations.
This is Brightside Insurance…
Brightside Insurance is a growing Top 30 insurance broker, a specialist in providing niche insurance solutions, we provide a diverse portfolio of personal and commercial products to our customers through a number of dedicated brands which include; ‘Brightside Insurance’, ‘Commercial Vehicle Direct’ and ‘One Insurance Solution’, we also partner with the some of UK’s top Insurance Companies.
Our people are the life of our business – with nearly 500 employees across three offices.
We pride ourselves in delivering great results through a combination of hard work, collaboration and dedication. Working for Brightside is all about making a difference. A difference for our customers and for our business. It’s about putting our customers at the heart of what we do - doing the right things and doing them well.
At Brightside we have created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards hard work.
This is the salary on offer…
Subject to your experience, we are offering a starting salary of up to £35,000.
This is who you are…
To be considered for this role you’ll ideally have worked in an analytical role or and have the following qualifications and experience;
- A 2:1 degree
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on development experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (or higher).
- Strong TSQL and SSRS skills.
- Good SSIS skill.
- Excellent performance tuning on T-SQL and ETL.
- Can-do attitude, an ability to think on your feet and work under pressure
- Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Success working in a team based environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and virtually.
- The ability to work quickly and effectively in order to provide ad hoc queries to business users.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work with Technical Business Analyst, to read, interprets and develops reports from requirement documents.
- The ability to work with internal and external customers to define report requirements
This is the job…
Part of the BI team with the aim to provide an analytical approach to considering issues and opportunities within the business environment.
- Work with the business directly to define BI requirement.
- Maintain ETL to transform and load data in and out of ODS and data warehouse.
- Maintain and develop sophisticate, well performed reports, dashboards.
- Manage report security through standard procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis for troubleshooting production issues.
- Deliver results within a multi-task work environment.
- Perform data analysis using MS SQL and SSAS CUBE.
- Identify data quality issues and support the data governance initiative by developing exception reports.
- Provide technical training to report users
These are the benefits we provide…
- Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
- Company pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan (includes wellbeing, optical and dentistry allowance)
- 22 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum plus birthday day off
- Additional holiday allowance increased in line with length of service
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 3 days (FTE)
- On-site parking
- Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & wellbeing, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
You’ll be based at our office in Aust- Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL.
Your personal information…
The Brightside Group only accept applications from people over the age of 16 excluding apprenticeships. Any applications received from children under the age of 16 will be rejected, and their details erased.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'