Best Interest Assessor, Bradford, Adult Social Care, up to £43.50ph!
If you are an experienced Best Interest Assessor looking for sessional work based in Bradford, get in touch today.
You will need to provide an anonymised Form 3 or Best Interest Assessment for shortlisting purposes.
Main duties include:
- Undertake the responsibilities of a Best Interest Assessor (BIA) as determined by the MCA, DoLS and associated legislation, national codes of practice and national and local guidance.
- To act as a representative of the Directorate in its statutory functions in court proceedings and with partner agencies. In liaison with legal services prepare statements for Court of Protection in MCA DoLS applications. To respond to the need for applications to the Court of Protection for authorisation of DoL as required.
- Hold individual responsibility for ensuring customers, who lack the mental capacity to make decisions to be accommodated for the purpose of care and treatment and who may be deprived of their liberty, have the necessary safeguards in place to protect their human rights.
- Ensure that arrangements made for these customers comply with best practice guidelines and legal requirements under statutory legislation.
- To act as a specialist professional resource on MCA, providing advice and support to colleagues, including mental health, learning disability, safeguarding adults, transitions and older people.
- To produce and maintain timely and comprehensive records in relation to assessments and all activity.
- Qualified as a Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Nurse or Psychologist.
- Possession of a BIA qualification and evidence of relevant, up to date CPD.
- Participation in continuous professional development in order to maintain professional registration and practice as a BIA
- Current professional registration with HCPC/NMC to be maintained throughout employment in this role.
- Car driver/owner essential due to the nature of the role.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please call Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
- Adult Social Care
- Best Interest Assessments