As a Bespoke Design Engineer you will work on the design, development and detailing of bespoke solutions - You will identify and understand the customer's needs and with your high level of technical advice and project support will achieve great results.
Your attention to detail and technical skills (such as 3D CAD modelling and manufacturing drawings) will be second-to-none. You will see the project from birth all the way through to dispatch so building strong relationships with key stakeholders such as supply chain, assembly and manufacturing teams will be essential.
As you will be required to visit clients on site a current driving licence and own transport is essential.
As a Bespoke Design Engineer you will:
- To design, develop and detail products to the customer's specification in accordance with the company working practice(s)
- To work closely with the customer and internal departments in establishing the feasibility and realisation of product design specifications
- Undertake simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping where required to ensure products are fit for purpose
- To successfully identify the customer's needs, and provide project support and technical advice to ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Production of fully detailed 3D models for manufacturing purposes
- Production of all manufacturing drawings and associated documents
- To support and assist the Bespoke Design Team and other internal teams to ensure successful bespoke projects to agreed quality standards
- In consultation with the Design Studio Manager identify and implement efficient and effective processes and procedures through continual improvement
- Support the Bespoke Design Team on other design projects as and when required
- Degree qualified in Product Design or Industrial Design, or similar discipline
- Confident with using 3D CAD software (Solidworks or similar)
- Experienced within a customer facing role
Do you have?
- Experience and understanding of sheet metal fabrication and its impact on design
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working full-time within a design environment for a technical/specialist products company.
- Experience of working with architects and contractors
- Good sketching skills (would be advantageous)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job