Our client is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Product/Industrial Designer to join their technical team. Industry leaders in the design and manufacture of rooflights, famed for their bespoke designs and conservation focused innovation are recruiting a Bespoke Design Engineer to join their established team in rural Oxfordshire.
As well as their award winning products and designs they take a great pride in their people and their team. Every one of their 70 employees, plays an integral part in the success of the business, contributing their views and opinions to form a unique set of company values and a shared vision for the wellbeing of the business. This family owned business achieved Investors in People Silver Award, West Oxfordshire Business Awards Employer of the Year and 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies list. The high level of genuine collaboration and empowerment of their people, results in a high degree of staff retention and a real energy and enthusiasm in their teams.
This means that anyone joining this organisation must be of like mind and prepared to absorb and drive the core values of the organisation in every area of their work. Commitment to the company culture and way of working will be considered in equal measure alongside a candidates’ professional skills and experience.
Purpose of the position:
- Working on bespoke rooflight and roof window orders, undertake the design, development and detailing of feasible rooflight solutions and associated products for manufacture to customer specifications
- Successfully identify and understand the customers needs and provide a high level of technical advice/ project support to internal and external customers where required
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To design, develop and detail products to the customers’ specification in accordance with the company working practices
- To work closely with the customer and internal departments in establishing the feasibility and realisation of Product design specifications
- Undertake simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping where required to ensure products are fit for purpose
- To successfully identify the customers needs, and provide support and technical advice to ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Production of fully detailed 3D models for manufacturing purposes
- Production of all manufacturing drawings and associated documents
- To support and assist the Bespoke Design Team and other internal teams to ensure successful bespoke projects to agreed quality standards
- To be responsible for managing own workload in order to meet agreed deadlines
- In consultation with the Design Studio Manager identify and implement efficient and effective processes through continuous improvement
- Support the Bespoke Design Team on other design projects as and when required
- To work within the values and procedures of the company quality system
- To demonstrate integrity , care, empowerment and unity
Skills and attributes:
- Qualified to Degree level in Product Design , Industrial Design or similar discipline
- Proven work history in a similar role within a design environment for a technical/ specialist products company
- Experience of using 3D CAD Software
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to provide excellent customer service
- The ability to identify customers needs and understand technical information
- Strong IT skills in MS office suite
- A solutions based approach with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills for the successful completion of projects
- Ideally good sketching skills
- Organised and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and well as part of the dynamic team
- Some knowledge of sheet metal fabrication would be advantageous and working with Architects and contractors too
If you would like to hear more about this amazing opportunity to be employed in a genuine values and people focussed workplace, then please send us your CV today along with a covering letter about why this culture and environment appeals to you. To apply we kindly ask that you forward your CV along with a supporting covering letter and some examples of your design work to Gemma Turp by emailing today.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Product Design
- Technical Team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job