South Norfolk Council has an exciting opportunity for a Benefits Officer to join the team based in Long Stratton. You will be there on a full time, fixed term basis (12 months), and you will be offered a competitive salary of £21,963 - £24,964 per annum.
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
The Benefits Officer role;
It is a very exciting time to come and join our Housing and Benefits team! There are two key changes being implemented that will shape the future of the service nationally, these being the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act and the roll-out of Universal Credit within South Norfolk.
Responsibilities of our Benefits Officer;
- Supporting residents to remain independent and thrive through Housing and Council Tax benefits
- Working as part of a multi-agency environment, providing advice and support ensuring residents receive the help they need as early as possible
- Administering, processing and reviewing claims
- Providing excellent customer service within a high-volume customer interface
The ideal Benefits Officer will have the below skills and experience:
- Be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a pressurised fast-moving customer service environment
- Have a naturally investigative mind
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have an ability to deal with people from all walks of life and respond well to demanding situations
- Be able to work in a collaborative way for the benefit of our residents
- Be confident and professional to be able to meet our customers in their home or face to face at our offices
Benefits of becoming our Benefits Officer;
- Employer pension contributions of 15%
- Performance related pay up to 4%
- 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Flexi time
- On-site Cafe
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
As a Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Benefits Officer then please click 'apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 19 March 2018
Interview Date: 27 March 2018
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job