Our client is looking for a Benefits Officer (Grade 5) who will be based in the Rutland area. This will be a 2 year fixed term contract.
You MUST have experience of working in a benefit service delivery team, and processing for local council tax support and housing benefit. Applications from candidates that don’t meet this criterion will not be considered.
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure the efficient, effective and accurate assessment of Housing Benefit (HB), Local Council Tax Support (LCTS), Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP), Local Council Tax Support Discretionary Fund (DF) and Discretionary Crisis Support Fund (DCSF) in accordance with current legislation and policies of the Council.
To respond to all customer enquiries regarding all aspects of benefits in an efficient, effective and accurate way in line with policies of the Council.
- To deputise for the Benefits Team Leader if required on an ad hoc basis.
2. To provide advice and support to the Assistant Revenues & Benefits Manager and colleagues regarding services covered by the post.
- To administer the policies and procedures for the efficient processing of all benefits and changes.
- To take responsibility for dealing with enquiries from customers regarding all aspects of benefits, including correspondence, face-to-face and telephone enquiries.
- To ensure that all current legislation, regulations and local polices relating to benefits are adhered to and any changes implemented.
- To deal with queries, correspondence, communications from claimants, landlords, colleagues within the council and government agencies.
- To assist the Assistant Revenues & Benefits Manager to prepare performance and workload data and to produce reports and statistical information.
- To assist the Assistant Revenues & Benefits Manager in preparing appeal case for tribunal.
- To ensure best practice is implemented and to comply with quality and standards in all aspects of benefit related matters.
- To reduce fraud and error in all arears of work by exercising vigilance, adopting a proactive approach and to report all suspicions of fraud in accordance with regulations, local policies and procedures.
- To act in accordance with the principles set out in the Employee Code of Conduct and the Council’s Values, recognising the duty of all public sector employees to discharge public functions reasonably and according to the law.
Position Title: Benefits Officer
Department: Revenues & Benefits
Responsible to: Assistant Revenues & Benefits Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job