We are currently seeking an experienced Benefit Assessor to join our Group Protection division in Hove.
- Triage and assessment of new Group Protection claims, determining what medical evidence to obtain in line with Legal & General’s philosophies.
- Provide a comprehensive assessment of Group Protection claims, deciding whether to accept or reject liability and authorise payment as per individual authority limits as agreed by the Head of Benefits, whilst meeting the expectations of the IFA’s and our corporate clients.
- Develop and build effective relationships with IFA’s and Policyholders (employers), in order to maximise the effectiveness of our benefit management processes including the provision of support for the portfolio management of defined schemes.
- Authorise expenditure on appropriate external medical evidence to support the assessment of individual claims up to £5,000.
- Propose expenditure on rehabilitation or work re-integration programmes where there is a suitable cost/benefit justification for doing so.
- Where appropriate, assist in the provision of Management Data on portfolio accounts which analyses performance and identifies key trends.
- Train, mentor and develop other members of the benefits team, to improve their skill level
- Ensure a consistent, timely and accurate level of service is maintained in line with service level agreements and promises made to meet customers’ expectations, and that are within scope of Legal & General’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policies. Where failures are identified, provide information and feedback to the relevant areas to enable changes and improvements to be made.
- Adhere to processes and systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with appropriately in accordance with legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act (1995), the Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and Legal & General’s Confidentiality Policy.
- The job holder requires excellent communication, both verbal and written, skills;
- Analytical and risk management skills
- Ability to be creative and strategic thinking
- Strong claims assessment skills (preferably within a medical assessment environment)
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Previous experience of assessing Group Income Protection claims would be an advantage
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in our Hove location, but you could work in other Legal and General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job