We're supporting our clients as they adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19. As a result, we're currently only recruiting for essential roles during this time. All interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
It's important to note that most of our sites are now closed and employees are working remotely where they can. Where offices are required to stay open, we are following government guidelines on personal hygiene standards, daily cleaning of employee work areas, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at one time. We also have clear policies on business travel and continuity.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our employees and customers safe during this time.
Location: Home-based with flexibility to work in our Havant office (Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX)
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
As a Benefits and Revenues officer, you will be tasked with delivering a quality accurate Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and Revenues processing service in a cost effective and caring manner, whilst working within constantly changing Benefits Regulations, Council Tax and Business Rate Legislation.
What you will do:
- Examine Revenues, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support accounts and claims to ensure all necessary information and evidence has been provided.
- Update computer records with claim information and gathering information from customers.
- Process and update Revenues, Housing and Council Tax Support accounts and claims in line with legislation and client requirements.
- Ensure correct documentation is completed and that all work is well presented and in line with procedures.
- Meet targets within agreed accuracy levels.
- In certain circumstances, dealing with customers in person, ensuring accurate information is given in a positive manner. Dealing with other organisations, such as Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs and the Department for Work and Pensions by telephone.
- Be aware of the importance of accuracy, detecting fraudulent claims and identifying under or overpayments of Housing Benefit and ensuring Revenues accounts are correct.
- Carry out other administration duties as required.
- Solid background in administration/clerical work
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to deal with difficult customers with sympathy and tact
- A background knowledge of Housing Benefit / Council Tax Reduction administration and legislation is desirable, but not essential.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'