We are recruiting on behalf of our prestigious client based in Barnsley. Due to headcount increase our client is looking to recruit 2 full time permanent Belt Assembly Operatives. Our client is well established and offer excellent working conditions and the opportunity to progress within our client's organisation.
The hours are work are on a shift basis 6am-2pm, 2-10pm & 10pm-6am
- You will have responsibility for the accurate assembly of component parts into finished products and complete belt assembly’s to company-set standards of quality and pace of work and with due regard to health and safety. Further experience and training in the assembly role may attract advancement to the additional assembly of electrical components/cabling/machine interfacing to company-set standards of quality and pace of work and with due regard to health and safety.
- Perform assembly operations to consistently produce work of accepted quality at or better than set standard hours. Work in this classification includes fitting and aligning to normal tolerances and assembly of component in finished products.
- In line with standard operating procedures to recognise and obtain proper fit, alignment, finish, and appearance on assembly, finished machines and belt assembly. Work to tolerances in accordance with drawing specifications and standard assembly instructions.
- Plan operations from drawings and wiring diagrams, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, exercising proper care of both equipment and material.
- All duties to be carried out efficiently, to our client's set standards of quality and pace of work, and with due regard to health and safety.
- Maintaining records as required in line with our client's procedures.
- Any other duties within the capabilities and training of the individual in line with the needs of our client.
- To attend training organised by our client in-house or off-site.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding the company finances, plans, products, suppliers, customers, designs, manufacturing processes during and subsequent to termination.
- At all times to present the professional image in line with company standards.
- All duties to be carried out utilising safe working methods and appropriate PPE, with due regard to the Health and Safety, COSHH and other relevant legislation.
- Experience in lean 5S & CI activites would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to read bill of material and engineering/wiring drawings as appropriate to the level of assembler
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Punctual & reliable
- On-site parking
- Canteen facilities
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Opportunity to progress
- Staff uniform
- Opportunity to work for a well established business
If you feel that you have the necessary experience & skills for this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Wiring Diagrams
- Lean Principles
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job