Behavioural Teaching Assistant required for Newham, East London
START DATE: ASAP
PAY SCALE: £65 -£70 PER DAY
CONTRACT- LONG TERM/PERMANENT
Are you currently seeking a new challenge within SEN and want to enhance your skillset?
Do you live in Newham and have proven experience working with children who have emotional and behavioural needs?
GSL Education are currently recruiting enthusiastic, hardworking and inspiring Behavioural Support Assistants for a client school in Newham.
Our client is an inspiring and creative primary school, which fosters a love of learning as well as developing skills for life. They strive to enhance every child's moral, spiritual, intellectual, social and physical well-being and celebrate every child's gifts. They have been serving the community and providing high quality education for many years. Their vision is that every child in their school reaches their full potential and that they leave the school with skills for life. They hope that by embedding a love of learning, this will support them on their journey as they develop into young adults, positively contributing to society and being model citizens.
To be successful as a Teaching Assistant (Behaviour), you’ll need:
- Level 3 qualification in a Teaching Assistant (or related) subject
- Training Team Teach and behaviour management (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership and team skills
- Organisational skills
- Sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
- The ability to be assertive, persuasive and an effective facilitator
- Strong negotiating, administration and time management skills
- Experience of working within a similar environment (desirable)
- Experience of working within a similar role
- The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
GSL Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities. If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to our Business Development Manager Nick Stanley as soon as possible.