Tradewind Manchester are recruiting! Are you an experienced Behavioural Support Assistant looking for your next role?
Or perhaps you are a recent graduate, keen to begin your career in education?
Why not join a well-run and supportive primary school and feel the benefit of broadening your experience and assisting children with behavioural and developmental needs, in order to further your career in education!
Tradewind Manchester are supporting a one-form entry Oldham-based primary school in recruiting a KS2 Behavioural Support Assistant. This is a full-time role with an immediate start, then following an initial period working on a temporary basis (typically 16 weeks) this role could become permanent and you may be offered a school contract.
The school is seeking an experienced Behavioural Support Assistant to aid pupils with behavioural difficulties in KS2 who require small group support and 121 support. To be considered for this position you must have a proven track record of supporting pupils with behavioural needs, have strong interpersonal skills; be able to engage pupils on an individual basis and understand the specific needs of each child.
To join us and be successful in this Behavioural Support Assistant role, you will need to:
- Hold a Teaching Assistant qualification or relevant bachelor's degree
- Have primary school experience, particularly in behavioural support
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Provide a CV with employment/education history included. Employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
This role will include:
- Supporting pupils with behavioural difficulties
- Taking responsibility for the safeguarding of the young people in your care
- Supporting the school team to provide a safe and respectful environment for students to learn
About the school:
This good and improving school has clear and focused leadership; teaching quality has improved greatly and Teachers have high expectations of pupils. Students can start from very low starting points, but due to the high expectations and improvements in teaching quality, students make good progress. EAL & SEN pupils are especially well looked after, behaviour is good and Teaching Assistants are effectively deployed, resulting in at times very rapid progress.
About the role:
- Permanent Contract (following a typical 16-week temporary period working through Tradewind Manchester)
- Full time, 08:15-16:00
- Free onsite parking and close to local transport links
- You may be required to assist with programmes outside the classroom and after school from time to time
The benefits of working as a Behavioural Support Assistant at this school include;
- Working in a friendly, supportive team
- Possibility to lead extra-curricular activities
- Ongoing professional development and promotion opportunities
The benefits of working your initial temporary period in the role through Tradewind include:
- We offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
- Online Portal for your time sheets and to log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
If this sounds like the perfect role for you:
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Behavioural Support Assistant position, located in Oldham. For more information about the role, contact Chris on /
More about Tradewind Recruitment:
As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Behavioural Support Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'