Behaviour Mentor | Enfield, North London | Sept Start
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young people? Do you possess excellent behaviour management skills and thrive in a challenging yet rewarding environment? We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Behaviour Mentor to join an Alternative Provision based in Enfield. This is a unique chance to work with students who require additional support due to their complex needs and challenging behaviours.
This school is committed to providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for students who struggle in mainstream education. They offer tailored learning programs and holistic support to empower the students to reach their full potential. The dedicated team of professionals work collaboratively to create a safe, engaging, and supportive environment where every student can thrive academically, emotionally, and socially.
As a Behaviour Mentor, you will play a crucial role in supporting students with challenging behaviours, helping them develop strategies to manage their emotions and improve their social skills. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Building positive relationships with students and establishing a rapport based on trust and respect.
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of individual behaviour plans, tailored to each student's needs.
- Providing one-on-one or small group mentoring sessions to develop students' social and emotional skills.
- Implementing behaviour management strategies and interventions in line with the school's policies and procedures.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment by modelling appropriate behaviour and attitudes.
- Collaborating with teachers, support staff, and external agencies to ensure a holistic approach to student support.
- Monitoring and recording students' progress and behaviours and reporting any concerns to the appropriate staff members.
- Encouraging students to take responsibility for their actions and supporting them in resolving conflicts.
- Previous experience working with young people who exhibit challenging behaviours, ideally in an alternative provision or similar setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with students, colleagues, and external stakeholders.
- Excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to implement effective strategies to support students' emotional and social development.
- A patient and compassionate approach, with a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young people.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and a commitment to promoting the welfare of students.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students in a dynamic educational environment.
- A relevant qualification in mentoring, counselling, social work, or a related field is desirable but not essential.
- A valid enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance or willingness to obtain one.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and career progression.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment with a dedicated team of professionals.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference in the lives of young people and contribute to their personal growth and development.
- If you are passionate about working with young people, possess excellent behaviour management skills, and are committed to creating a positive learning environment, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your updated CV outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in the position
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Note: This position is based in Enfield, and the ability to commute to the location is essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'