Behavioural Teaching assistant
Veritas are working with a Mainstream co-ed secondary school in Croydon. The school are looking for a Teaching assistant to join their SEN team.
The ideal candidate will be have previous experience managing challenging behaviour/ working within a PRU or alternate provision. The candidate will support students up to GCSE level. Ideally they will also have experience working with SEN students as the role will involve supporting students with various needs and those of lower ability. Strong behaviour management skills are also essential.
The candidate will also be liaising with the senior leadership team and endeavour to raise attainment and improve the student's social, emotional and behavioural issues.
The school is located close to various local bus routes and a short walk from a tram stop. Access to a car would be advantageous.
Skills and experience:
* Graduate from a leading university
* Experience working with challenging behaviour
* Strong in Maths and Science
* Previous experience supporting secondary ages students/ SEN
* Professional and friendly approach
* Enthusiastic and Pro-active
* DBS on the update service required
If you are interested in this position, please contact Gemma at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- "teaching assistant" "TA" "LSA" "support staff" "learning support assistant" "croydon" "support worker" "mentor" "learning mentor"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'