Behaviour Support Specialist - East London
- Behaviour Support
- East London
- £75 - £90 per day depending on experience
- ASAP start
Behaviour support specialist
Are you an experienced Behaviour Support TA / LSA / Support Worker or Youth Worker who is looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference in and working with children who have suffered emotional trauma?
Reeson education is currently recruiting for an specialist setting in East London. The provision provides quality education for children with challenging behaviour who are receiving education outside of mainstream education: Pupil referral units (PRU) Social emotional mental Health (SEMH) schools or in alternative provision settings including 1 to 1 tuition due to medical needs or mental health.
- Team teach Qualification or other positive handling experience
- Previous experience of supporting students with SEN. (SEMH/ PRU/Alternative education attachment and trauma issues)
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum.
- Skillfully able to plan effective lessons and differentiate based on each child individual needs.
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
- Ability to deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate running and physical intervention at times)
About the Role - Behaviour Support Specialist
- You will be responsible for supporting a small class of around 3-6 students with SEN and emotional issues
- Support the teacher in delivering the learning objectives for the lesson
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
If you are a creative and passionate Behaviour Support Worker who would like to be considered for this post, please apply below or contact Kiesha @ Reeson on to discuss.
- ("SEN" OR "SEND" OR "Special Needs" OR "ASD" OR "ASC" OR "Autism" OR "Autistic Spectrum" OR "SEMH" OR "Behaviour" OR "PRU"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'