Behaviour Support Workers required in the HD6 area
Are you confident working in a challenging setting and able to de-escalate situations?
Do you thrive on seeing improvements and positive results?
Principal Resourcing are currently working alongside Alternative Provisions in West Yorkshire to appoint Behaviour Support Worker's. We currently require staff who are able to work in the HD6 area of West Yorkshire.
You must be able to commit to flexible working hours, often at short notice. These roles often turn into full time, longer term bookings.
The provision works in partnership with local primary and secondary schools to provide an alternative education for students with special educational needs. It is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding and successful provisions that offer excellent professional development opportunities for their staff.
The role will require a confident, resilient and compassionate nature, as well as strong behaviour management skills. Previous experience of working in a Pupil Referral Unit or challenging behaviour setting is also essential.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Supporting the class teacher to promote a learning environment
- Managing behaviour expectations
- Respond to and de-escalate challenging situations
- Report and feedback to Teachers and SLT
- Build positive, professional relationships with the children
What we offer:
- First choice supplier to a large number of Ofsted rated "Outstanding" educational establishments
- We guarantee to beat your current agency rate of pay
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Quality free CPD delivered by educational experts supported by on going on the job training and observation’s
- FREE Team Teach Courses
What you will require:
- The flexibility to complete a variety of assignments often at short notice
- Be confident, passionate and highly motivated
- Strong behaviour management
- The ability to model and deliver high standards of learning support
- The ability to work positively and effectively under pressure, taking note of, and acting on, all issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- Previous experience of working within a PRU setting or challenging behaviour setting is essential
- 2x references
- A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
Candidates who attend our registration interview with all the required documentation can be cleared within 48 hours. Our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, work tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
- Special Educational Needs
- Behaviour Support Worker
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'