This supportive SEN school in Newton Abbot requires the right candidate to support their learners with am adapted curriculum and aid them in their emotional and academic development through encouragement, positive behaviour management, and by creating engaging lessons using a multi-sensory approach. This is a full-time long-term role of one academic year for the right candidate with the potential of continuing next academic Year.
School is within reach of public transport in Newton Abbot and would be easily reachable through buses if you don't have your own transport.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A strong understanding of students with behavioural difficulties.
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adheres to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries.
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to take directions from the SENCO and other Education professionals within the school.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour and de-escalate appropriately.
Role involves supporting the learners within the classroom and sometimes in a group setting inside and outside the classroom. It also involves guiding the student emotionally and behaviourally at times of stress and helping them to overcome their barriers to social interaction and emotional recognition.
If this looks like the perfect opportunity for you then I would love to hear from you! Please call Ryan on or email
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"