Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of a Pupil referral unit in the Derby area which caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties aged 11-16 years old. There are provisions within Derby central and Burton.
The provision caters for pupils who are at risk of exclusion or have been excluded from mainstream education. We are looking for people with experience supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties so a understanding of how to manage challnging behaviour is essential.
Ideally you will have excellent behaviour management and the ability to build a strong rapport with your students. Additional behaviour training is desirable but NOT essential as Teaching Personnel can provide you with Team Teach behaviour training as part of your CPD.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Experience working with children and young people aged 11+ either in education or health care settings.
- Confidence to work on your own initiative, as well as contributing to a team
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Confident to manager challenging behaviour and re-engage students who are disaffected and not currently engaged in their education
- Be able to participate in any extra-curricular activities required
If this is the sort of role you are looking for, please contact Emma Gale- SEN Branch Manager - as soon as possible.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Challenging Behaviour
- Learning Mentors
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job