Pay Scale: up to £100 a day
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Long Term
GSL is urgently looking for a Behaviour Mentor for one of our client secondary schools in Enfield. The post requires the candidate to have experience of working as a Behaviour Mentor in the UK.
The role is at a mixed secondary school in the borough of Enfield where employees are valued and developed. The academic achievement of the school in terms of both attainment and progress has been very good. They aim to achieve excellence together and inspire their children and young people to be the very best version of themselves that they can be. It is a school with passionate teachers and students who develop a strong sense of pride in their association with the school. The school has been graded as "Good" by OFSTED in a recent inspection.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Working with school staff to select pupils for mentoring
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting under-performing pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Agreeing and writing action plans
- Making home visits to talk to parents about issues and to offer advice about strategies to deal with problems
- Liaising with schools, teachers, social workers and educational psychologists and making referrals where appropriate
- Organising and running drop-in sessions and music and sports events for pupils
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
To be considered for a role as Behaviour Mentor, you will ideally have:
- A Teaching Assistant qualification e.g. CACHE Level 1, 2 or 3 or a graduate
- Experience in a UK secondary school
- Understanding on how to support the inclusion and progress of pupil with emotional and behavioural needs.
- Ability to build relationships with students, other members of teaching staff and senior management.
- Strong communication and behaviour management skills, as well as possessing the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency which aims to provide quality teaching and support staff in schools throughout Greater London.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Craig Mitchell at GSL Education.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'