BEHAVIOUR MENTOR / OUTREACH WORKER
Are you looking for a revitalising and refreshing new start to your career working with SEND schools?
Starting after October half-term, REED Education are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join them, the position would be a full-time temporary position with an opportunity to go permanent. The position is a 20 minute commute from Colchester and open to those in the surrounding Essex and Suffolk area.
You will be part of a well-resourced Special School. The main aim is to provide a thriving, friendly community where staff and parents work together to ensure all children reach their full potential. The school caters to students between the ages 8-18 with a range of needs including SEMH and ASD. The school provides excellent facilities for both students and staff.
- Working one on one with students in Key Stage 4 within the community and transitioning them into the school
- Supporting the classroom teacher in the delivery of classroom lessons and related educational activities as specified in the pupils individual education plans (IEP’s), supporting and motivating individual pupils with their work and progression
- Assisting with the delivering and maintaining of personal learning programmes and selecting appropriate resources and methods to facilitate learning
- To attend to the relevant needs of individual children including de-escalation to ensure the safety of pupils and others and also the accompanying of pupils to external activities and educational visits
- Opportunity to work with smaller class sizes, no more than 10 students
- A fulfilling and rewarding role which provides the opportunity to gain new skills and support children to reach the best of their abilities
- Training and development opportunities, restraint training is provided with others always on hand and on the job support
- Experience in an educational or special needs setting is desired with some knowledge of the national curriculum
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, listening skills and observational skills in order to better assist pupils
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop constructive and appropriate relationships with pupils
- An enthusiastic, patient and committed character with a belief and commitment to young people’s educational rights in order to enhance their future life chances
- Enhanced up-to-date DBS check (we can provide this for you)
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in or you are seeking an educational role, please forward your most up-to-date CV in the strictest of confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'