Branching away from your typical supply agency, Teaching Personnel offer a personalised intervention services to help schools increase pupil attainment and concentration. One intervention programme that is requiring a number of new staff is our behaviour mentor role. As a behaviour mentor, your role will be to promote positive behaviour and challenge pupils to reach their full potential.
Behaviour Buddies work on a full day basis, five days a week for at least 2 terms.
Behaviour Mentor responsibilities include:
- To establish productive working relationships with pupils, encouraging and motivating them.
- Raising achievement by providing a specialist service that assists schools in meeting their targets and obligations.
- Being a friend to students with behavioral issues, giving them someone to confide in and trust.
- To challenge and motivate pupils, promoting and reinforcing self esteem alongside providing levels of individual pastoral support.
- Great chance for career progression into roles such as learning mentor, Opportunity to gain experience before doing PGCE.
- The opportunity to be an inspirational role model and mentor to a disadvantaged young person.
- Continuing professional development courses such as Team Teach.
The right candidate will be someone who is passionate about making a difference in children's lives. Any of the following skills or qualities is highly desirable:
- Degree Educated
- Team Teach qualified
- Youth work
- Football Coach
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Chris Morgan on or email an up to date CV
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Behaviour Mentor Interventions in Oldham Area.