Behaviour Mentor/ Teaching assistant
Mon- Fri - full time
Veritas are working with a small mainstream secondary school in Twickenham. The school are looking for a teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a year 7 student with challenging behaviour, there are 4 other SEN students in the year that may also require support.
The candidate will be providing support for those with SEN in terms of behaviour, emotional and learning needs.
The ideal candidate will have strong maths and English skills and have previous SEN experience. Strong behaviour management skills are also desirable.
The candidate will need a DBS on the update service
The school is located close to various local bus routes and is a walkable distance from a main train line.
* Experience working 1:1 and providing SEN support in an educational setting
* Strong behaviour management skills
* Professional and enthusiastic approach
* Graduated from a leading university
If you are interested in this challenging role, please send your CV to Gemma at Veritas Education
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- "teaching assistant" "learning support" "lsa" "TA" "PRU" "SEN" "SEMH" "mentor" "twickenham" "secondary" "richmond"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job