A behaviour buddy is required for a fantastic specialist school in Walsall.
The school is for students of various abilities, ranging from moderate learning difficulties to complex and profound needs. The post requires a talented SEND TA / LSA who is flexible, enthusiastic and dedicated to supporting children with special educational needs to join their team of dedicated staff.
You will need to feel confident within a classroom environment and be able to take direction from a class teacher in addition to working as a team with the other Learning Support Assistants /Teaching Assistants.
The role will include:
- Promoting the independence in learning and personal care needs;
- Reporting and recording daily activities - written and verbal communication needs to excellent;
- Support on a 1:1 basis in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom; using initiative to develop and implement actions that will promote the integration of the pupil with his/her peers;
- Planning learning activities that are engaging;
- You must have previous experience working with challenging behaviour.
Empowering Learning can offer;
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Continued support from a dedicated consultant throughout the placement;
- In-house training opportunities which can be completed online;
- DBS refunded after working for a qualifying number of days.
You will be initially working for an initial trial period through Empowering Learning after which you will have the option to become permanent and be employed through the school.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
If you want to take the next step in your career and apply for a position, please respond to this job advertisement by submitting your cv.
If your expertise lies elsewhere or you are looking for a position at another time, please contact Amrita.
Start date: ASAP
Call Amrita on:
Email Amrita at:
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'