If you're a forward thinking, astute and commercially oriented business partner who wants to be part of a team that gets involved with all the businesses, and their stakeholders, commercial discussions - then this role is definitely for you.
As a base Trading Analyst, you'll bridge the gap between the business account managers, trading teams and finance professionals (a background in finance would help), whilst using your knowledge and business acumen to challenge these teams to make sure the right commercial decisions are made for the business.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to...
- Both long term strategic and ad-hoc commercial analysis and decision making
- Manage of a team of two junior analysts with strong career development and coaching
- Production of the weekly and daily reporting - ensuring accuracy and timeliness are all rationalised
- Reporting and monitoring of company performance against contractual KPIs to highlight areas of immediate risk and manage accordingly
- Communicate across the wider business and your cross-departmental partners the essentials and outcomes of any commercial partnerships and their subsequent impact on the business from a revenue perspective
- Financial Modelling and analytical challenge of risk vs reward
You have stacks of tenacity and accuracy whilst at the same time a complete understanding of wider issues within the business and your role whilst having the ability to make complicated issues easily understandable; and initiative to improve existing processes.
Relationships are key, so a first class communicator, approachable and passionate person and someone who really wants to understand 'why' something works. It is not essential, given that role is a commercial analyst one, but someone from a finance background with a strong educational background in a science or maths based subject, would be ideal. At the end of the day, if you have all of the above, then it matters not what your history of industry is.
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Acquisition
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job