Part Time Warehouse Operative Early Morning (UK)
UPS is hiring individuals to work as Part-Time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.
Ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines.
The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague’s working day and most importantly our customer’s.
Shift hours are:
Pre-Load Mon-Fri 04:30-08:00 (£10.83 per hour)
- Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
- Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
- Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
- Prioritize “guaranteed service” parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
- Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
- To identify any ‘Cash on Delivery’ parcels.
- Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job