We are looking to fill a bar supervisor role at our East Riddlesden Hall property. If you have experience in managing staff and love customer service this role could be for you.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
When applying please include a covering letter with your CV
What it's like to work here
East Riddlesden Hall is a tranquil 17th century house, formerly owned by a cloth merchant. With the atmospheric exterior and the friendly interior, this house is home to a wonderful array of seventeenth century needlework and original exquisite plasterwork ceilings, created by local craftsmen. The intimate gardens, with an ever-changing palette of colour, offer a peaceful space to relax and unwind. There is a mud pie kitchen and a hobbit house.
What you'll be doing
The Bar Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the bar is run effectively and efficiency. This is through great people management. You’ll be able to work out the gross profit of products to enable the business to maximise its profits. The money generated is used to fund vital conservation work so you would be part of an amazing role in enabling the property and other National Trust sites in ensuring we keep conversation going for generations.The role is to work half to one day per week in an office environment, whilst the rest of the time will be spent working and managing the bar on Weddings and Functions. These are Friday and Saturdays with occasional needs for other days.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in managing staff
- Excellent customer service
- Supervisory skills, including giving clear daily direction and providing feedback
- Good written and verbal communication skills including influencing and negotiating.
- Familiarity with till and stock control systems and procedures
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job