Our prestigious client is a fabulous hotel based in a beautiful location in South Devon. They are looking to appoint an experienced and professional Bars Manager to assist the Food and Beverage Manager in all of the Beverage Service functions at the hotel, with specific responsibility (but not exclusively) for Bars and Banqueting. This role would suit someone relocating to the seaside or wanting a change of scenery!
The hotel prides itself on delivering exceptional standards and the right candidate will play a big role in that continuing. To be passionate about the work you do is vital, and experience working within a similarly high-quality environment needed. This role provides a unique opportunity within a successful and expanding organisation, which encourages professional development and offers excellent long-term career prospects.
- Managing entire Bars Department and training of staff to maintain excellent levels of service and customer care
- Monitoring of stock levels and ordering when appropriate
- Knowledge of daily Hotel functions and organising the bar’s involvement in them
- Ensure all cellars and service areas and immaculately clean
- Maintain good liaison, communication and working relationships with management, the kitchen team and all other departments of the hotel.
- Maximising revenue for the Bars Department and adhering to targets
- Working with the Bars Team to generate new ideas and grow new revenue.
Attributes we are looking for include:
A highly motivated experienced Bars Manager, with a minimum of 2 years in a senior role and 5 years in industry. Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken) with a positive "can do" attitude, always willing to go the extra mile. We are looking for someone who can work well under pressure, who shows the willingness and drive to work hard and be part of a fantastic team, whilst playing a big role in helping develop others within that team. Must be sales focussed with good clerical and IT skills - (Excel, Word and Powerpoint), with a good financial understanding, together with product knowledge. Must have the ability to promote Food and Beverage Sales, manage a database with the ability to perform and deliver within budget.
The right candidate will have preferably worked within a Rosette standard Hotel before.
In return, this great employer is offering:
- An excellent starting salary
- Monthly bonus - £100-175 per month
- A good working environment in a beautiful location
- A good work life balance
- The chance to learn new skills and work with a great team
- Meals on duty
- Voucher discount scheme
- Preferential rates in all sister hotels
- Uniform provided
If you feel this is a role for you, then apply below
Contempo Recruitment is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving candidates and clients across Devon and Cornwall. Our advertised roles relate to real vacancies that exist with our clients.
Please be aware that we will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Due to our GDPR policy when you apply for this current vacancy then you have given us the permission under Data Protection to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. Upon receiving your CV this will be taken as your permission to proceed with your application.
Contempo Recruitment is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bar Management
- English language skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"