We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Bar Host to provide bar services and ensure a pleasant and inviting social environment for residents, visitors and friends at our Retirement Village.
Location: St Oswalds Village, Gavel Way, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2UF
Salary: £8.13 per hour
Hours: 12 hours per week
As our Bar Host you will welcome all customers and provide a professional, helpful and friendly service at all times. You will offer excellent customer service and assist in scheduling bar entertainments, as well as contributing to the orchestration of the entertainment and activity programme for the whole Village.
The responsibilities of our Bar Host will include:
- Maintaining regular and effective communication within the bar team, promoting a positive mental attitude.
- Assisting in carrying out quality training, supervision or coaching of volunteers or others.
- Achieving and promoting optimum sales and profits, minimizing waste, and maximising the involvement of volunteers in the service.
- Carrying out stock control procedures and ensuring all stock takes are carried out correctly.
- Positively promoting sales awareness within the bar team to maximize sales opportunities and encourage promotional ideas.
- Undertaking additional training for personal development.
- Being aware of who the personal License Holder is, challenging suspected underage drinking and cashing up till – locking takings securely in the night safe
- Complying with statutory and legislative requirements relating to Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, COSHH, Manual Handling Regulations, Licensing and Employment.
Our ideal Bar Host will have excellent organisation and people skills. The successful applicant will be required to work evenings and weekends.
Current benefits for this post include full comprehensive induction, statutory training, pension scheme, free Life Assurance, free village gym membership, Child Care vouchers, Cycle2Work scheme, Attendance Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme.
ExtraCare is a registered charity established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Our vision is better lives for older people and our mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it’s needed. To deliver our vision and mission we essentially do three things:
- We develop new villages
- We operate villages and schemes
- We support our villages, schemes and our ‘extra-care’ model through fundraising, advocacy and research
Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to our residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Our Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living at each of our locations.
This post may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm to work with our charity as our Bar Host then please apply today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'