Do you have proven experience working within a Bar / Café management role? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting and want to hear from you!
Our client understand that their staff are key to their success and they are dedicated to supporting each and every person in their role. As a business, they will endeavour to provide you with opportunities to develop yourself and pursue a rewarding and exciting career with the company.
Due to continued success and growth, our client are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised Bar / Café Manager to join the team. This is a full time role working 5 out 7 days, 37.5hrs per week, £431.25 per week / £22,425 per annum
Who are they looking for?
As the ideal Bar / Café Manager, you will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of the Hospitality industry and proven experience within a similar role. You will also require experience / knowledge of:
- Personal Licence Holder
- Advanced Level in spoken and written English
- People Management
- Rota Management
- Cellar Management
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as the Bar / Café Manager you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- Live in Accommodation
- Staff discounts
- Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 28 Days Annual Leave Entitlement (pro rata)
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Bar / Café Manager, you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service in their hotels. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Oversee the service of food and beverages within the outlet and maintain overall responsibility for the kitchen, food preparation and beverage service throughout the outlet.
- Report and liaise regularly with the Head of Bar Operations and Directors regarding departmental performance and ensure they are informed of any relevant information or issues.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Liaise with Human Resources department with regards to recruitment needs, training analysis and delivery and employee relations.
- Receive and respond to all customer feedback and complaints including check customer satisfaction regularly, ensuring all guest feedback is dealt with in a professional and efficient manner.
- Deal with licensing authorities and any other official bodies when required, keeping up to date with licensing legislation, enforcing legislative and licensing requirements and in-house security policies.
- Implement and ensure the Company Health, Hygiene & Safety Policy is met at all times.
- Ensure the outlet is clean and hygienic, making sure cleaning rotas are adhered to and appropriate records kept.
- Ensure employee conduct, uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to and inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Ensure the outlet is run smoothly on a daily basis & are adequately stocked with all necessary goods.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labour forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Report and where possible take action in any incidents of complaint, accident, fire, loss or damage.
- Attend company meetings as requested.
- Overseeing or liaising with the kitchen
- Ensure cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of beverage bills and cashing up of tills.
- Take responsibility for stock, including ordering, acceptance, and maintenance of stock levels and stock rotation, and return of any sub-standard items.
- Review sales and beverage costs for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounts. Track actual against budget.
- Provide Directors with quarterly revenue and cost figures for the outlet
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Provide high quality people and performance management for the outlet for a broad range of duties, including (but not limited to) rota management, payroll, holiday approval, sickness absence, recruitment & selection, training & development, performance management (formal & informal), conflict resolution etc. as required.
- Promote a positive attitude and team ethos, including 'lead by example’, for the department, setting the pace and standards and encouraging mutual respect
- Inspire & motivate the team to achieve high standards to achieve sales and profits
- Train and develop the team to ensure food & beverage service is to specification, and self and staff co-operate with chefs and other staff and managers to ensure customers’ expectations are exceeded by ensuring service is as smooth and as continuous as possible
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Bar / Café Manager, please click APPLY below to register your interest!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified
- Bar Café Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job