Banqueting and Conference Porter
Job Title: Banqueting and Conference Porter
Salary: £19,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours a week, working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week
As the Banqueting and Conference Porter, you will be working as part of a team under the supervision of the Operations Manager to prepare rooms for, and manage events in accordance with client’s requirements, offering the highest standards of customer care at all times.
- Meet and greet clients and ensure the smooth running of events.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met and exceeded
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- To manage casual staff ensuring the highest quality of customer service.
- Should be able to work under pressure and to strict time constraints.
- This is a physical role, which involves lifting, pushing and carrying tables/chairs and other items regularly.
- To assist with cleaning of kitchens, toilets, and storage areas as well as function rooms - this is a hands-on role.
- To provide feedback from events, including compliments, suggestions or complaints, incidents and any relevant statistical or accounting information.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and presentation at all times, and wear the uniform provided.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- To adhere to all legal and company policies at all times including but not confined to COSHH, Health and Safety and Fire.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- The ability and confidence to problem solve and deal with a variety of situations as they arise in a positive and professional manner.
- Flexibility to work different shift patterns, which will include days, evenings and weekend work as required.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- To have or undertake and pass the training to become a Personal License holder, an SIA license holder and a First Aider.
- 6% employer contribution to pension scheme (Group Personal Pension scheme) 3% employee
- 26 days holiday (exc Bank holidays)
- Subsidised private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
- 10% discount in our local farm shop
- Complimentary Great Yorkshire Show tickets after qualifying period
- Overtime paid at time and a half
Please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of: Event Assistant, Exhibitor Assistant, Event Officer, Coordinator, Customer Services, Event Coordinator, Event Administrator, Exhibitor Services, Exhibition Administration, Customer Assistant, Customer Administration, Exhibition Coordinator, Exhibitor Coordinator, Events, Exhibition will also be considered for this role.
- Customer Services
- Customer Assistant
- Event Coordinator
- Customer Administration
- Event Assistant
- Event Administrator
- Exhibition Coordinator
- Exhibitor Assistant
- Exhibitor Services
- Exhibition Administration
- Event Officer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'