Job Title: Banksman
Location: St Albans
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The organisation is looking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic candidate for the role of Banksman in St Albans.
You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient management of the traffic area at St Albans Depot under the Management of the Weighbridge. The banksman is in charge of helping manage the traffic flow, movement and direction of site vehicles. By doing this he assists and guides vehicles in their duties of reversing and unloading. As there is a lot of vehicle movements on the site, the banksman is an essential part of the smooth flow of vehicles on the site.
You are required to have good communication skills verbally and the ability to stand for long periods of time
Reporting directly to the to the Operations Manager on a daily basis, ensuring that all day to day issues are addressed and all prior days issues are resolved and updated if still outstanding.
Maintaining a Safe working environment at all times and an excellent Health and Safety Standard, through close monitoring of driving in and around the St Albans site.
- Clearly direct vehicles and mobile plant at all times.
- Minimise the amount of reversing where possible and be aware of the dangers caused by reversing.
- Use practical techniques and agreed system of signalling and hand signals to assist drivers and operatives in all manoeuvres.
- Be visible to drivers at all times whilst directing vehicles and plant
- Stand in a safe position, from which to guide all vehicles without being in the way.
- Keep traffic areas free from pedestrians.
- Be fully compliant with PPE requirements of the site.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on the 2 way radio at all times.
- Report all near miss incidents involving vehicle movements in the yard to the Operations Manager and complete associated paperwork.
- Comply with all H&S, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Good command of the English language
- Clear hand to eye coordination.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Operations Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, 3PL Operations Manager, Pallet Operations, Operations Coordinator, CPC Qualified may also be considered for this role.
- Operations Manager
- Operations Coordinator
- Logistics Operations Manager
- Transport Operations Manager
- 3PL Operations Manager
- Pallet Operations
- CPC Qualified may also be considered for this role.