Job title: Banking Solicitor (1-3 years pqe)
Department: Banking & Finance
Length: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 9:00am – 5:00 pm (flexibility required)
Reports to: Teams Legal Director
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. With over 1,600 lawyers operating from 24 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, Pinsent Masons is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions across a full range of legal disciplines.
In recent years it has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, and recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has significant international credentials in the global energy, infrastructure, financial services and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans, technology and tax advice.
The Belfast office focuses on with top quality local work as well as national work and is involved in some of the biggest deals and transactions in NI each year. We are seeking a solicitor (1-3 years pqe) to join our busy team where there is a mix of high quality work and unrivalled training.
Purpose of the role
Working as part of the team, this role requires you to work with lending institutions and corporate borrowers in such areas as corporate finance, real estate finance, structured finance, energy finance and restructuring to meet the business needs of our clients. You will be expected to provide excellent service at all times, making positive contributions to the work of the team. You will be expected to demonstrate your organisational and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player. You will have access to the very best local and national work, early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships, genuine long-term career prospects supported through our "best in class" training and our Academy personal development programmes.
· NI or E & W qualified solicitor
· Previous Banking/Financial Services environment essential
· Previous experience of working in a large commercial practice would be advantageous
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail
· Technically excellent but equally important commercially aware
· Experience of managing competing demands, and working well under pressure
· Strong people skills and ability to project credible and professional image to the client
· Ability to communicate with employees at all levels within the firm and across all Practice Groups and business operations areas
· Good IT skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
· Enthusiastic about business development and willing to get involved
· Enthusiastic and a team player with a can do attitude
· Professional appearance and manner
· Able to use own initiative and requiring limited guidance
· Must be flexible as working outside core office hours may be required
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"