In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 750 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' business controls, shareholder confidence and credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
The financial services audit department works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border services to our clients.
The banking group covers clients such as asset management, emerging banks and UK operations of large international banks.Job Purpose
As an Audit Senior Manager, you will support the Senior Management team including Partners to develop and build the audit team and client offering. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional audit service.Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting and advising the client service management team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Technical expert for audit assignments, providing advice to audit team and client.
- Leading an audit team, ensuring the team complete in a timely manner within budget.
- Managing audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time within budget.
- People management – coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams.
- Maintains control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Drafts the audit opinion summary for the Partner and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Ensuring clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Business development, including working with colleagues in other teams.
- Acts as a point of contact for both senior management and client.
- Building strong working relationships with clients.
- Show vision and strategic perspective.
- Delivering confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients.
- Ensures audit services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
- ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Holds significant experience of leading external audits managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams.
- Prior experience of working at an experienced Audit Assistant Manager or Manager level.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Relevant banking sector audit experience.
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching an audit team.
- Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Experience of developing new initiatives and methodologies.
- Experience of identifying issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Develops a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'