Our New Law services department is one of the most highly regarded and fastest growing practice areas within the network. We have a multi-disciplinary team across multiple regions including Belfast, London, Birmingham and Leeds which is dedicated to providing an exceptionally high standard of service to our clients. We are supporting them in managing their legal operations, by assisting them in transforming their law departments to become more efficient and providing process and technology optimised managed legal services and contract review and remediation services.
Our Financial Services clients include some of the largest global institutions across banking, insurance and asset and wealth management . The work we undertake is often high profile, high value and cross-border in nature and can involve other legal teams in the PwC international network. Our teams often work with Consulting, Deals, Tax and other professionals from within PwC to deliver a comprehensive and integrated service to our clients.
PwC is the world's premier professional services firm with 3,500 professionals in over 90 countries around the world. In the UK, our legal practice is fully integrated into the PwC partnership and our vision is to harness the expertise of the firm to provide end-to-end, technology-enabled services to meet our clients' needs.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the legal team based in our state of the art facility in Belfast, working closely with our London and other regional offices. We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual with a passion for client service. We are experiencing significant growth in both our private and public sector practices largely due to our ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster. This is the ideal environment for an individual who wants to be part of the future of legal services and solve real business problems.
Specifically, the role is likely to include:
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and assessing a wide range of financial services legal documents including general corporate banking, leveraged and acquisition finance, structured finance, derivatives documentation and key fund documentation and related material contracts;
- Advising on Financial Services regulatory matters including IBOR Transition, MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, EMIR and other regulatory requirements as applicable to banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
- Supporting clients in the negotiation and execution of a range of transactions and developing contract negotiation playbooks for clients;
- Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution; and
- Business development, including over time building a network of referrers within PwC as well as developing direct client relationships.
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction;
- Excellent academic background;
- Experience of advising on Banking and Finance, Funds and broad Financial Services matters and leading teams providing advice in this sector;
- 0-4 years' PQE;
- Strong knowledge of the financial services regulatory space as it impacts on banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team as and when required; and
- Ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster; and
- Ability to coach and manage junior team members and provide quality assurance and control.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills and a positive "can do" attitude - ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration;
- Good technical legal skills; and
- A keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the New Law Services practice.
Knowledge of or previous experience in the Managed Legal Services industry or of working as an in-house legal counsel would be advantageous and looked on favourably. The successful candidate will be working with lawyers across the other UK offices and will be occasionally required to travel between offices.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their str
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'