Bank SUPPORT WORKER - Norton Crescent, Baldock - £9.09p/h
We are looking for experienced Bank Support Workers to work in Norton Lane, Baldock having previous experience with autism to start the new journey with us.
Norton Crescent is set in a quiet street within walking distance to the local town and all amenities. The house has recently been refurbished having two large bedrooms, shared lounge kitchen, lounge and dining room, also lovely outside garden area.
Our Service Users are 20 - 23 year old males who enjoy pub meals, computer games, gym, volunteering work, gardening, bowling, swimming and cinema.
Are you looking for a role to understand and encourage our Service User to build up their independence and confidence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work full time hours and sleep-ins
- To work with a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can
- To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support
To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users lifestyles and staffs skills and commitment to achieve this
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ Health and Social Care (not essential) or willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting young adults with Autism
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CareTech are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- Supported Living
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'