Are you are looking for regular flexible working hours, with the flexibility to choose when you want to work?
Join our Bank Support team!
We are currently recruiting bank support assistants for a residential home and school.
Are you able to work with young people with challenging behaviour?
Do you have experience and a genuine passion for working with young people? Are you naturally caring?
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Burton upon Trent area working with young people in a children's residential setting. If you are naturally caring and have the relevant experience and education we would like to hear from you.
About The Role
This role will consist of supporting young people ( age 8 -19) emotionally and physically, helping them in everyday life with chores, accompanying them to events and going on outings, supporting them in their education within the classroom and being there if they need you. It can be very rewarding work, however it can be challenging too so you must be comfortable with challenging behaviour to apply for the position. Pupils have complex communication needs, severe learning difficulties or are autistic. Working within a supportive team you will be required to work well within a team and individually.
Our requirements for the role;
We are looking for bank support assistants that;
* Have a genuine passion for working with young people and enjoy working within a motivated team.
* The ability to work with pupils with challenging behaviour.
* Have supported SEN pupils within either a voluntary, primary or secondary or residential SEN setting
* Have supported young people/adults in small groups or on a one to one basis
* Have the ability to work with initiative, resourcefulness and passion in order to support pupils
* Able to consistently engage through praise, direction and individual support.
* Are highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised
* Able to work a minimum of two shifts per week during term time
About the Client
Our client is an SEN Ofsted Graded 'Good' residential school and home which provides education for primary and secondary pupils as well as a residential home. Support is mainly given on a one to one basis and in small groups. Working within a supportive team you will be required to work well within a team and individually. Our client is also able to provide specific training for this role.
Benefits of working with SEN Central
* Dedicated consultant who will work with you to achieve your ideal role
* Join an agency where you feel valued, you are not a number, we care about what we do and work hard to find you employment
* Specialist SEN roles in schools, voluntary and independent settings
* Holiday pay paid
* Develop yourself with ongoing CPD training
* Choose from Early or late shifts, regular shifts available in term time
About SEN Central
SEN Central is a specialist recruitment agency which specialises in SEND staffing for educational, voluntary and independent settings. We provide SEND staffing for temporary, long term and permanent positions. Our areas of expertise are; support roles, teachers, specialist roles and leadership. Our service works in partnership with our candidates and clients equally to ensure that you receive the best service levels and experience.
SEN Central Limited is acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that prior to any offer of work all candidates will be subject to full vetting in line with DFE safer recruitment guidelines to confirm your suitability to work with children and young people.
- Support Workers
- care work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job