Prospero Teaching are recruiting several experienced residential supports workers to work at a various children and young adults care homes around Greater Manchester area. The homes may be for children with EBD or PMLD. You will be working 1-1 with the children and be expected to encouraging the positive emotional, social and academic development of children. Essential skills include excellent communication / relationship building as well experience of supporting and caring.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Be enthusiastic, driven and conscientious
- Be confident dealing with challenging behaviour
- Have previous experience working with children or young people with severe SEN.
- Have Team Teach or Skip Training
- Experience using PECS, basic sign language or Makaton.
- Have experience of personal care as you would be expected to assist with feeding, washing and toileting for pupils of all ages, 3-25 years.
- Excellent communication skills
- Hold a current DBS or be willing to apply for a new one through Prospero Teaching
A registration process will need to be followed before starting the role, therefore you must be able to provide two references demonstrating the above skills.
This vacancy is being advertised by Prospero Teaching Manchester. The services advertised by Prospero Teaching, in this instance are those of an employment business. Prospero Teaching is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job