To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst ensuring high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
Key Role and Responsibilities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Hospital. To maintain and demonstrate a positive attitudes towards clients, their families, staff, visitors and others.
2. Liaise with the Hospital Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of fresh foods, as available.
3. Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate. Responsible for maintaining and managing the food budget.
4. Provide special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual Clients.
5. To support the development of the process, practices and delivery of Active Recovery Care and Recovery.
6. Be responsible for the washing up after meals and the overall cleaning of the kitchen and where appropriate the dining area.
7. Maintain an accurate record / list of food supplies, freezer temperatures requirements, etc. where requested / required.
8. Order stocks and check deliveries, as well as check and value stocks as required by the Hospital Manager.
9. Supervise and train Kitchen Staff in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures.
10. Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
11. Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
12. Report immediately to the Hospital Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, Colleague, self or another.
13. Notify the Hospital Manager as soon as possible of the inability to work, and also on return to work, from all periods of absence.
14. Assist Hospital Manager when interviewing relevant Staff.
15. Maintain complete confidentiality of all matters concerning the Hospital, Clients, Staff and related work.
16. Participate in agreed systems of appraisal and individual performance review with the role of employee or employer
17. Participate in Staff and Client meetings and attend training sessions as required.
18. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Hospital’s Health and Safety Policy, Emergency and Fire Procedures.
19. Report any faulty appliances, damaged furniture or equipment and any potential hazard to the Hospital Manager.
20. Ensure the security of the Hospital is maintained at all times
21. Adhere to all Group policies and procedures within the defined timescales, NCSC standards and guidelines, Department of Health guidelines and legislation, including the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice.
Undertake other duties, as required, by the Head of Care or the Hospital Manager.
Job Types: Bank
Salary: £8.91 per hour
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Caretech offer - Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'