We are looking for an experienced Bank Chef to join the Excelcare family at St Georges Court, Cambridge.
Excelcare is a family owned care business which has been established for over 25 years. Our vision is to continually be a leading provider of high quality care which exceeds the expectations of the people living within our service.
What to expect:
Up to £10.35 depending on experience.
Shift patterns vary as this is a bank position
Key duties are:
- Cook using fresh ingredients made from scratch
- Prepare weekly food rotas and menus, paying particular attention to any special dietary requirements
- Communication of information to senior members of staff relevant to ordering stock and menu planning
- Assist Healthcare Professionals in the area of dietician
- Complying with and developing Risk Assessments
- Maintain quality assurance systems within the kitchen
- Undertake supervision of other kitchen staff
- Have a full understanding of Health & Safety as well as Food Hygiene issues, COSHH, safe moving and Handling and working within the guidelines relating to cross infection
- Be available at short notice to cover absence and sickness.
Appropriate qualification of City & Guilds, NVQ Level 2 in catering and hospitality
2 years' experience in a catering environment
12 months experience in managing a kitchen
The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Flexible and enthusiastic
Good communication skills
Politeness at all times when dealing with Residents as well as Colleagues
Here are some of the amazing benefits on offer in return for your hard work:
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- DBS Check paid by company
- Weekend and Bank holiday pay enhancements
- Pension - Employees will be automatically enrolled into our designated workplace pension scheme
- Free learning and development - You will be given the opportunity to develop yourself and advance your career through knowledge, skills and professional qualifications
- Long service award - Recognition for service and commitment
- Employee of the Month and the Excelcare Awards - Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done
- Refer a friend scheme - Introduce a friend and earn a generous financial reward
- Depending on your role you could also receive; free parking, free food on shift, flexible working, free uniform
If you are interested in the position or would initially like to find out more information, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply online or contact one of the Recruitment Team today on - we look forward to hearing from you.
Excelcare are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job