The Huntercombe Group is a specialist healthcare provider in the UK. We look after children and young people with mental health needs and eating disorders (CAMHS) and adults with learning disabilities, mental health needs and brain injuries.
Due to the pressures on our services caused by the Coronavirus resulting in staff illness and absence from work, we are looking to increase our number Bank Catering Assistants to support our colleagues and patients during these uncertain times.
We are looking for a Catering Assistant who can work on a flexible, Bank basis and who will positively promote excellent health and safety standards and support the Head of Support Services to maintain a safe environment for patients in our care.
As a Catering Assistant your main duties will be:
- Clearance and washing up of crockery, cutlery and catering equipment by use of the dishwasher, or by hand where necessary, returning all items to the appropriate areas of the catering department once cleaned.
- Regular cleaning of all equipment as instructed or according to schedule, including hot plates, steamer and fryer, following all Health & Safety guidelines
- Cleaning of catering area floors twice a day including food store, and as necessary
- Responsible for the hygienic preparation of food, such as making mixes and peeling vegetables etc.
- Ensuring catering waste bags are changed as regularly as necessary and all waste is disposed of hygienically.
- Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Catering Assistant you will have:-
- A good knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation
- A positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to patients in our care.
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
- Salary: £8.72 per hour
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- On completion of 3 months membership of the Flexi Bank arrangements you may automatically be enrolled into NEST Occupational Pension Scheme dependent upon your earnings.
- A range of staff discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.