Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to patients and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. Our integrated male care pathway includes Litchurch Ward, our low secure ward, and the Wyvern Unit, our mental health rehabilitation service. Alvaston Ward, our specialist female personality disorder service, is one of the leading services of its kind in the East and West Midlands.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
We are currently recruiting for casual/bank support workers who are looking for flexibility and can offer 12.5hr day or nights shifts to cover for annual leave, sickness, training, etc.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
• Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard patients
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
• NVQ level 1 or 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return we’ll offer you:
• Flexible working
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Subsidised meals
Try something new and positive that’s not your typical 9-5 but offers great rewards in return. A brighter career and a brighter future for everyone.
12.5 hour shifts day and nights Mon - Sun
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'