Our client is looking for a Head of Site who will be responsible for the operational management of the site and patient flow across the Hospital. The Head of Site will contribute to the Trust wide patient flow improvement programmes, identifying opportunities for improving patient flow and discharge systems and leading on the delivery of improvement work streams
Type of role: Interim, on going
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Pay rate: £29.00 PAYE - £37.50 Umbrella
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday working 9.00am to 5.00pm
Head of Site
- The Head of Site will identify opportunities to develop proposals to improve ways of working including new models of care and service development proposals
- Take overall responsibility for the Clinical Site Practitioner(CSP) service, Discharge Teams and ADL.
- Support the Director of Clinical Operations to develop and deliver demand and capacity site and bed management plans to ensure there is sufficient capacity on a day to day basis to support the Trust in achieving targets relating to access, MSA, infection and other bed related capacity and safety targets.
- Manage Trust wide bed occupancy to ensure there is sufficient capacity for admissions on a 24:7 basis, monitoring the associated trigger factors and implement the Trust’s bed escalation strategy
- Ensure that operational systems in place for managing safe patient flow across the hospital including escalation areas
- Ensure effective design of the discharge process across the Trust initiated from admission supporting the SAFER process across all clinical areas
- The post holder will lead on the redesign of the site/hospital at night and bed management services (including Discharge Lounge) and lead on the implementation of the new design.
- Provide leadership of a Trust Hospital at Night model of care.
- Ensure an out of hours response service for all acutely unwell patients via the Hospital at Night and 24:7 CSP models
- Play a lead role in patient flows to deliver the 4 hour emergency care transit time standard and other access standards
- Manage delegated budget(s) to ensure that the budget cost centre is managed and utilised cost-effectively.
- Deliver a balanced budget at the end of the financial year, ensuring that monthly positions are reported and actioned appropriately
- Level 1 registered nurse on NMC register
- ILS / ALS practitioner
- Management qualification of equivalent level of experience
- Good working knowledge of Clinical Governance and patient quality initiatives
- Good understanding of the QIPP agenda
- Knowledge of developments in healthcare, including patient safety, patient flows improvement programmes
- Current knowledge of health policy and national priorities.
- Clinical Governance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job