An excellent Healthcare provider are looking for a SeniorSpeech and Language Therapist (Band 7) to join their brilliant team in Bromley! Their Speech & Language Therapy team is a small, dynamic team who work closely with the Education, Care and Nursing teams to provide further education for over 70 students, aged from 18 to 25 with a range of complex learning needs, physical disabilities and Autism.
- To plan, lead and supervise communication sessions for groups or individual students.
- To represent the Speech and Language therapy team in meetings both within the therapy team as well as with the wider MDT (care and education teams).
- To demonstrate and train other staff and therapists, SALT recommendations and appropriate use of equipment and give advice.
- To identify Speech and Language Therapy requirements for staff training. Plan and deliver the content of training in liaison with the Speech and Language Therapy team.
- To record clinical notes and records for individual students. To record personally generated clinical observations.
- To write clinical reports on behalf of the clinical department as and when required.
- To supervise clinical reporting of junior Speech and Language therapists/assistants and students
- To be responsible for undertaking SALT assessments of new and existing students, devising, implementing, evaluating and reviewing treatment plans/programmes. To provide subsequent reports as required.
- To provide specialist assessment in the recommendation of appropriate communication systems. To liaise with other agencies in the trial and/or provision of Voice Output Communication Aids (VOCAs) for individual students, as appropriate.
- To facilitate and recommend the use of communication systems with students (e.g. signing, symbol books, VOCAs) in individual or class sessions with the students.
- HCPC registered
- Member of RCSLT
- Postgraduate qualification in dysphagia.
- Experience of working with people with complex needs including autism.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary environment to meet communication and eating and drinking needs
What they can offer you:
- Excellent training opportunities and CPD
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Childcare vouchers and access to an employee assistance service.
- A Pension scheme
- Clinical supervision
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively, you can call me on for more information.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."
- Speech Therapist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job