Band 7 Radiographer Advanced
Job Title and Grade: Band 7 Radiographer Advanced.
Location/Trust: Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Churchill Hospital, Old Road, Headington, Oxford - OX3 7LE
Department Covered: Radiology.
To work as part of the imaging department team providing a comprehensive and effective diagnostic radiographic service, carrying out specific responsibilities commensurate with a senior grade.
To undertake highly skilled clinical work by rotating through CT and MRI, other rotation may be possible.
To use professional discretion and experience to ensure that clinical practice is performed professionally and within the legal framework.
To apply for this post, you will:
- GE Pet / CT scanners experience required.
- Cannulation experience required.
- NHS Experience Essential
- HCPC Required.
Job Specification -
- To comply with all radiation protection policies such as IR(ME)R the Code of Practice for the Protection of Persons against Ionising Radiations arising from Medical and Dental use and the IRR 99 Regulations.
- To be aware of all Quality Control procedures with the department, including Quality Assurance testing for image quality and equipment safety, and to perform clinical audits within the department.
- To be responsible in the use of expensive diagnostic radiology equipment to ensure that the patient, carer, relatives and operator remain safe from the physical and radiation hazards associated with it.
- To perform specialist procedures with complex equipment in a safe manner (and to train and supervise others when appropriate) e.g, Computerised Tomography, MRI.
- The post holder is responsible for his/her personal development and is expected to remain up to date in technical developments and trends in imaging through participation in internal and external development opportunities and to maintain a portfolio of evidence in support of CPD undertaken.
- To be able to use the departmental Radiology Information System, Computerised Radiography system and the Picture Archiving Communication System following training.
- To demonstrate dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail in the preparation of specialist equipment for procedures to be undertaken within the unit whilst adhering to Local and Trust policies e.g. intravenous drug administration, taking blood samples.
- To independently assess each patient and adapt radiographic techniques according to the needs of the patient.
- To assess and justify referrals under Ionising Radiations (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2000, (IR(ME)R 2000), following practitioner guidelines.
- To perform examinations across CT and MRI upon a range of patient types both as an autonomous practitioner and as part of a multi professional team, in a manner that meets professional, departmental and legal standards and requirements.
- To adhere to the Health Professions Council Code of Conduct and maintain appropriate professional registration.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
•Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
•First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
•Flexible working options
•Free DBS and free training
•Build holiday allowance
•Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days
•Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
We have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'