Job title: Band 7/8a/8b Sonographer
Salary: £27 to £39 ltd per hour depending on experience
Hours: Weekend work
Length: ASAP on going.
Are you an enthusiastic and passionate individual who is looking to expand and grow your career in Sonography? An excellent long term opportunity has arisen in the Blackpool area for Band 7 (or 8a/8b) Sonographer working within the ultrasound department.
You will be working for an NHS trust that provides a range of services to the 330,000 population of the Fylde Coast health economy and the estimated 11 million visitors to the seaside town of Blackpool.
Your Impact and duties:
*To work in a given area, being accountable for own professional actions, organisation of own workloads, vascular ultrasound examinations, diagnosis reporting within Unit protocols
*To produce medical ultrasound imaging and ABPI measurements to the agreed Departmental standard
*To perform vascular ultrasound examinations and ABPI measurements as directed by the senior vascular clinical scientist and vascular surgeons
*To ensure confidentiality of all matters involving patient care
*To use analytical and judgement skills to interpret highly complex Ultrasound images, the acquisition of which is operator dependent, accurately differentiating between normal and abnormal findings
*Communicating to patients with empathy abnormal, and potentially distressing, results/diagnostic findings.
*Identify clinically appropriate onward course(s) of onward care/treatment for patients.
*To be able to refer patients appropriately for further clinical opinion, investigations and follow-up, seeking advice where necessary
*Effectively reassure patients who are anxious regarding diagnostic procedures and/or results.
*To be responsible for advising clinicians directly when a delay may have an impact on patient morbidity and mortality
What we want from you:
- Postgraduate Diploma in ultrasound or equivalent.
- NHS experience.
- Experience all round in Songraphy including Obs, Gyno and Abdomens.
What we can offer in return:
- A recruitment consultant, compliance officer and payroll administrator dedicated to making sure you are looked after supported and have regular communications throughout the entire role.
- Confirmed booking durations with Rates and Rotas agreed in advance of booking.
- Weekly payroll.
- Access to all available bookings and can balance your availability to match roles that meet your needs.
- Opportunities to Permanent Recruitment Roles new to market.
- Suitable Clinical supervision and Appraisal management.
If you are committed to delivering excellent Sonography and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you, to find out more or to enquire about any other opportunities we may have available please get in touch with the team today on .