Are you looking for a new and challenging role? Are you seeking job satisfaction, numerous benefits and training opportunities? Do you want to take your career in an upward trajectory with a great organisation?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you. We have a vacancy for a Band 6 Specialist Physiotherapist within Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC), located at Cambrai Lines, Munster Barracks in Catterick Garrison. This permanent post is being offered at 37.5 hours per week. This is a Full Time position only, part time hours would not cover the work load required of this job and due to infrastructure constraints we do not have the clinical space to accommodate a job share.
The purpose of DPHC is to provide and commission safe and effective healthcare which meets the needs of the patient and Chain of Command in order to contribute to Fighting Power. The Primary Care Rehabilitation Facility (PCRF) Catterick Garrison Medical Centre (GMC) applies a holistic approach to the assessment and treatment of injured service personnel to return them to maximal operational fitness as quickly as possible.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Performing highly skilled physiotherapeutic assessment of patients referred by Consultants, General Practitioners and other Healthcare Professionals with diverse presentations and complex and acute/chronic physical conditions and sports injuries. To use clinical reasoning skills to provide an accurate clinical diagnosis.
- Formulating, developing and delivering a specialised individualised treatment programme based upon evidence-based practice, manual assessment and appropriate clinical reasoning.
- Communicating effectively with patients to ensure informed consent for assessment and treatment, good understanding of their conditions and maximise their rehabilitation potential. Patients may have barriers to communication e.g. English as their second language.
- You will have professional and legal accountability to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and Healthcare Professions Council (HCPC), adhering to all directed standards and codes of practice.
- Adhering to Ministry of Defence (MoD) policies iaw delivering a service within a MoD establishment.
- Developing and maintaining your own personal, Service and Professional Standards at the highest attainable levels through continuing professional development activities and maintenance of a portfolio.
- Participating in the Knowledge Skills Framework (KSF) scheme and being responsible for complying with agreed development programmes, including attendance at appropriately planned and selected post-graduate courses.
- Adhering to Regional Healthcare Governance policy, ensuring that all service delivery conforms to the standards set.
- Contributing to organisational development at PCRF and Medical Centre levels.
- Being responsible for the safe and competent use of all equipment, patient appliances and aids, attaining competence prior to use. Including the identification and reporting of work service requirements and repair needs within the department.
- Ensuring high standards of administration of physiotherapy care within the department in both, allocation of patients to therapists and other multidisciplinary team members and referrals to review clinics.
- Assisting in identifying training needs and organising in-service training for the unit medical facility.
- Actively participating and attending Special Interest Groups and Clinical Governance Meetings where audit, research, service and policy development and presentations are conducted within the multi-disciplinary team environment.
Please note the sift will be CV based and interviews for this post will be based on the NHS Framework below:
- NHS Core – NHSC1 – Communication
- NHS Core – NHSC2 – Personal & People Development
- NHS Core – NHSC4 – Service Improvement
- NHS Core – NHSC5 – Quality
- NHS Health & Wellbeing – HWB6 – Assessment & Treatment Planning
- NHS Health & Wellbeing – HWB7 – Interventions & Treatment
Please ensure you demonstrate that you have the required skills, qualifications and memberships in your CV and that you have saved it using your surname then first name prior to submitting your application.
The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of the following:
- Degree in Physiotherapy plus additional specialist training or experience to post graduate diploma level or equivalent (to include experience treating musculo-skeletal disorders, sports injuries and orthopaedic conditions).
- State Registered Physiotherapist (HCPC)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (MCSP)
- Previous experience of working with a military population is desirable
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
There is no requirement to deploy as this is met by our uniformed personnel, but you will form the continuity of care required by our patients when based at home.
All employees joining Ministry of Defence who are new to the Civil Service will be subject to a 6-month probation period (unless otherwise advised) effective from the employment start date.
Please be aware that if you are found successful you will be asked to provide evidence of your immunity to Hepatitis B.
Please ensure you have read all the details in the important information link prior to applying.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'