Job Title: Band 6 Plaster Technician
Location: Central London
Salary: £26 to £29 LTD per hour depending on experience
Hours: 1 day per week on going
Are you an experienced Plaster Technician looking to utilise your skills within a new and exciting opportunity?
You will be applying casts to patients' limbs and other body parts either following an accident, to remedy an orthopaedic condition or after surgery.
You may also apply orthopaedic splints and braces and will work as part of a team and provide skilled help to orthopaedic consultants and surgeons.
Main duties will include:
- Positioning limbs appropriately in readiness for fitting a cast.
- Applying the most appropriate casting for the case concerned.
- Applying orthopaedic splints and braces.
- Applying bandaging or slings where necessary.
- Advising patients on how to look after their casts and of any complications that may arise.
- Measuring, providing and advising patients on the use of suitable walking aids.
- Removing casts.
- Checking for any signs of infection when removing casts.
- Completing records for each patient.
Please note this position is for 1 day per week for an on going role. To find out more get in touch with George Milonas on .
- Plaster Technician
- BCC HOLDER
- TAKING OF DRESSING