Are you a confident Band 6 who would like to explore a more rewarding clinical challenge in Forensic Mental Health Services? The role is in the PICU / acute service line with options to support / rotate into other wards in low & medium security. Are you ready to further develop your clinical skills? We want to recruit an exceptional OT to this Band 6 post.
Post:Specialist (Band 6) Occupational Therapist
Base:Male PICU and Female Acute
Responsible for:The post holder will oversee the OT provision for Acute and PICU service line and work over three wards. Supervision of x 1 band 5 OT and 2x OTAs.
Responsible to:Head OT (Band 8) at Stevenage (on site manager for supervision)
Hours:37.5 hours per week
Location:Cygnet Hospital Stevenage,Graveley Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 4YS
Join our supportive friendly team and make an application today.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Laura Baker Head OT or our in house recruiter .
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills
- You will be a part of a large service at Steveange comprising of 6 different wards and a wide range of experience to draw from within the OT team.
- National networks of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- Low caseload number to support intensive OT focused interventions, and to support the time needed for the managerial responsibilities within this band 6 post
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Experienced in the field of adult mental health
- Working as an experienced Band 5 or Band 6 OT
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary £31,500
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership and Management, Sensory Integration, British Sign Language.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert on site clinical supervision and peer support
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'