Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Grade: Band 5
Trust: South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
Location: Lambeth Hospital, SW9 9NU
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday 09:00 to 17:15
Salary: £18.80 p/h
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) provide the widest range of NHS mental health services in the UK as well as substance misuse services for people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. We work closely with the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King's College London and are part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre. There are very few organisations in the world that have such wide-ranging capabilities working with mental illness. Our scope is unique because it is built on three major foundations: care and treatment, science and research, and training.
SLaM employ around 5000 staff and serve a local population of 1.1 million people. We have more than 230 services including inpatient wards, outpatient and community services. Currently, provide inpatient care for approximately 5,300 people each year and treat more than 45,000 patients in the community in Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; as well as substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
By coming to work at SLaM, you will gain experience of being part of an organisation with a rich history and international reputation in mental health care. You will have access to professional development and learning opportunities, and have the chance to work alongside people who are world leaders in their field. SLaM delivered more than 14,000 training experiences in 2014; providing an extensive range of learning opportunities for staff at all levels. In addition, our working relationship with King's Health Partners allows those working at the Trust to get involved in academic research.
If you are successful in your application to this post, you will be expected to manage and deliver on the responsibilities outlined below - as well as a few not included here, call today to discuss this further:
- To work as an Accredited Checking Technician (once qualified, if working towards) and be able to check clinically screened prescriptions.
- To participate in the provision of Medicines Reconciliation and PODs service to wards and community units.
- To participate in the dispensary cover rota. This includes taking in prescriptions and verify personal details; take a current drug history from the patient or carer to identify any drug allergies, drug interactions or problems with the medication prescribed, amongst other duties.
- To assist day to day organisation of staff in the dispensary and to facilitate efficient running of service ensuring that procedures relating to good dispensary practice are followed.
- To dispense medication accurately and be able to decide when it is necessary to refer to the Senior Clinical Pharmacists and to participate in the provision of patient counselling to patients and their carers.
To be successful in applying for this role you will need:
- Medicines Reconciliation experience.
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- Minimum of 1 year’s Hospital experience.
- Experience on Wards and working within Mental Health.
Who are NHS Professionals?
If a hospital cannot supply staff on a ward or area, due to increased demand, sickness, or common staff shortages, they need to call upon Bank staff. NHS Professionals works with Trusts to develop a 'Bank’ of highly skilled workers who want to work flexibly with the NHS.
Why NHS Professionals?
We value your skills, dedication, and commitment in supporting your local Trust and the NHS. We believe together we continue to deliver world-class healthcare service to our patients.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our bank members who are not clinically exempt from vaccination to get vaccinated.
1Mental Health Care
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'