Band 4 RiO Medical secretary / Audio Typist
To provide a comprehensive Medical Secretary Service as directed by the Administration Manager and to provide support to the other team members as required.
Location:West Ham London
Hours: 37.5 a weekMonday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Salary:£12.00per hour umbrella or £10.35 per hour paye
- Knowledge of RiO Clinical Systems (Essential)
- Audio Typing medical terminology
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with people from a wide variety of background
- Able to produce work to a high standard of accuracy and detail.
- Proven IT skills - word processing, email.
- Reliable, dependable with good time keeping
- Ability to self-motivate, work under pressure and work on own initiative
- Type GP correspondence, using a embedded consultations /digital dictation system, to ensure that routine referral letters are distributed efficiently within a 5 day period, using the ERS programme
- Process of Clinical correspondence, ensuring letters are signed and distributed in accordance with the protocol for each GP
- Highlight any action points to GPs/Clinicians. Ensure all waiting list proformas are returned appropriately
- Type correspondence from provider services clinics and complete requests i.e. x-ray, MRI requests
- Accurately type medical reports, liaising with patients where they wish to read reports prior to dispatch and generating invoices
- Deal with other clinicians’ secretarial needs, typing letters from the digital dictation system, tapes or copy typing
- Keep up to date with changes in referral systems and new proformas by reading e-mails sent to the practice
- Make best use of the Practice computer system to ensure good communication and audit standards
- Undertake queries on behalf of patients, trying to establish their concerns and trying to resolve, keeping the patient informed at all times
- Record all data connected to patients attending in-house clinics correctly on relevant spreadsheets
- Ensure all patients are seen within 18 weeks wait criteria, highlighting any areas of concern
- Take calls from patients wishing to make appointments with the provider services clinics through the ERS
- Audio Typing
- Diary Management
- Medical Terminology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'