Band 4 Medical Secretary
I am currently recruiting for someone to provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the Team / Service Manager and their department, managing the office efficiently. To be responsible for the maintenance of records and the distribution of relevant information including activity data. To use initiative in referring issues to other relevant parties as appropriate, ensuring
confidentiality and security of information is maintained at all times.
Temporary: Expected to last 2 months
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: £11.42 to £13.30 (Umbrella) or £9.93 to £11.60 per hour (PAYE)
The successful role holder will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks and be able to
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Able to word process to RSA III standard
- Consolidated experience gained providing an administrative/secretarial service
- Experience of working in a large, complex organisation, operating within organisational frameworks
- Experience of setting up filing and other systems
- Excellent IT skills
- Good communication skills, with experience of dealing tactfully with people at all levels
- Well-honed planning and organisational skills
- Supervisory skills
- Customer care skills
- Experience gained taking and recording notes and/or minutes
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the principles of confidentiality
- Demonstrates a non-judgemental approach to issues of mental well-being
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Comfortable dealing with multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to use mail-merge and majority of formatting functions within Microsoft Word for Windows or ability to do so following provision of training
- Note-taking skills
- Able to use initiative and know when this is appropriate and when advice should be sought
- Using NHS Systems on a daily basis to update patient information
- May be required to liaise with clinicians
- Typing patient letters
- Able to convey a positive and enthusiastic message to encourage completion
- Receive all visitors of the department with courtesy and with efficiency, directing them as appropriate and acting as a focal point for enquiries.
- Respond to incoming calls to the department, directing them appropriately and accordingly ensuring messages are recorded accurately and passed on in a timely manner.
- Liaise with health professionals to develop effective mechanisms in managing the appointment system.
- Provide a comprehensive clerical support to all professionals based in the department in line with administrative procedures.
- Data input and upload all referrals to the Service onto the NHS computer system on a daily basis.
- Manage incoming referrals and incoming work in an efficient and timely manner to ensure that the team meet the response deadlines.
All successful candidates will have to undergo a DBS check prior to placement.
- Audio Typing
- Diary Management
- Medical Terminology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'